The Private Information Policy of Gwangju Folly is as follows.
‘Gwangju Biennale Foundation’ values private information of members and complies with laws on ‘Information Communication Network Promotion and Information Protection.’ The foundation shall announce what purposes and methods apply to the private information of members, based on Private Information Policy, and what measures are taken for protection of the information. If the Private Information Policy is amended, the foundation shall notify it through announcements at the website. This policy shall be effective after June 15, 2012.
|1. Private Information Collected|
|2. Collection of Private Information and Purpose|
|3. Period of Private Information Retention and Usage|
|4. Procedure and Method of Private Information Disposal|
|5. Providing Private Information|
|6. Transfer of Private Information Collected|
|7. Rights of Users and Legal Representatives and How to Exercise them|
|8. Installation, Operation and Refusal of Automatic Private Information Collection Device|
|9. Services for Handling Private Information-Related Complaints|
Private Information Collected
The foundation collects the following private information for member registration, consultation and service application.
- Collection Items: Name, date of birth, login ID, password, cell phone number, e-mail
- Method of collecting private information: Website (member registration)
Collection of Private Information and Purpose
The foundation shall use the private information collected for the following purposes.
- Member Management: Verification of members for service usage, individual identification, prevention of illegitimate or unauthorized usage of delinquent members, verification of registration intent, handling complaints, delivery of announcements and newsletters, etc.
Period of Private Information Retention and Usage
In principle, private information is discarded without delay after attaining the purposes of private information collection and usage. However, if it needs to be preserved in accordance with related laws, the foundation shall retain member information for a certain period of time set by the related laws as follows.
- Retention Items: Name, date of birth, password, cell phone number, email, website
- Grounds: Laws on Consumer Protection for Electronic Transaction
- Retention Period: Until withdrawal of membership
- Records of Collection/ Processing/ Usage of credit information: 3 years (Laws on Credit Information Usage and Protection)
Procedure and Method of Private Information Disposal/h2>
In principle, the foundation shall discard private information without delay after attaining the purposes of private information collection and usage. The procedure and methods of disposal shall be as follows.
- Procedure of Disposal: The information entered by members for registration and other purposes shall be transferred to a separate database (separate file in case of paper) and discarded after being stored for a certain period of time for information protection in accordance with internal regulations and other related laws (See the Period of Private Information Retention and Usage). The private information transferred to a separate database shall not be used for any other purposes, unless required by the law.
- Method of Disposal: Private information stored in an electronic file shall be deleted using a technical method that doesn’t allow restoration.
Providing Private Information
The foundation shall not offer private information of users to a third party. However, the following cases will be an exception.
- When an user has given a prior consent
- Upon request from an investigative agency in accordance with procedures and methods based on the law or for investigation purposes
Transfer of Private Information Collected
The foundation shall not transfer the member information to an outside vendor without any consent of members. If it deems necessary, the foundation shall receive a prior consent after notifying it to members as to the vendor and transfer content.
Rights of Users and Legal Representatives and How to Exercise them
Users and legal representatives shall be allowed to view or edit the registered private information of themselves or children under the age of 14, and request cancellation of registration. Viewing or deleting the personal information of users or children under 14 can be executed by clicking the ‘Change personal information’ (or ‘Edit member information’), and cancellation of registration (Withdrawal of Acceptance) can be done by clicking the “Membership Withdrawal.” Or it can be done without delay by contacting the personal information administrator in writing, via phone or email. If you have requested correction of errors in your personal information, it shall not be used or offered until the correction is completed. In addition, if wrong personal information has been offered to a third party, the results on corrective action shall be notified to a third party to fix the mistake. The Gwangju Biennale Foundation shall handle the deleted personal information upon request of users or legal representatives in accordance with “Period of Private Information Retention and Usage,” which shall not be viewed or used for any other purposes.
Installation, Operation and Refusal of Automatic Private Information Collection Device
The foundation shall not operate a device that collects personal information created automatically when using online services such as cookies.
Services for Handling Private Information-Related Complaints
The foundation has designated a department and private information administrator to protect personal information of members and handle their potential complaints.
- Service Department: Public Relations Division
- Phone Number: 062) 608-4226
- E-mail: email@example.com
You shall be entitled to report all personal data protection-related issues while using the services of the foundation to the private information administrator or the relevant department. The foundation will respond to reports of users promptly and sufficiently. If you need to report or receive consultation regarding other personal information violation, please contact the following agencies.
- Korea Information Security Agency (www.1336.or.kr/ Call 118)
- Korea Online Privacy Association (www.eprivacy.or.kr/ 02-580-0533~4)
- Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center (http://icic.sppo.go.kr/ 02-3480-3600)
- National Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center (www.ctrc.go.kr/ 02-392-0330)