THE I LOVE STREET > 폴리3작품소개(영문)

본문 바로가기

Folly III

[GD Folly] THE I LOVE STREET

Winy Maas, MVRDV
광주 동구 동명동 146-3

본문

Gwangju Dutch Folly 

The Gwangju Biennale Foundation and the Netherlands Creative Industries Fund will collaborate on the Gwangju Dutch folly through which “The Critique of Everyday Life” can be experienced from a new perspective based on the urban research conducted on the architects of the two countries. This folly explores and presents the potential of new urban follies by displaying various forms, programs and space. MVRDV(Winy Maas), one of the leading architect groups in the Netherlands, will work together on this project with Cho, ByoungSoo, one of Korea’s most famous and respected contemporary architects.

The Jebong-ro 82beon-gil(street) closed for traffic. In a strong collaboration with the Seoseok Elementary school, a series of their wishes have been explored. That has led to a series of different pavements that can be used for sitting, painting, jumping on tram-polines, playing in sand.

By shaping these pavements in a series of letters, a true text appears, that indicate the love for many things: I LOVE….. A neutral square space at the end of the text is kept for everyone’s personal addition that can be painted and adapted: the canvas. I LOVE can thus become I LOVE KOREA, I LOVE KIM, I LOVE WALKING, I LOVE THE MAYOR, I LOVE GWANGJU, I LOVE YOU.

This text can be seen from a special tribune at the beginning of the street. This tribune gives access to a platform at 5 meters high, with a bench and a table. From here the gardens can be overviewed. And a selfie can be taken.

f0ad12db7e77825718a3245ea56a04f7_1609135428_3383.jpg

Winy Maas, MVRDV 

Netherlands 

a18e8f45b045736fccc6cf65410984c8_1609218256_5948.png
 ⓒ Unreal Studio and Kerb(www.kerb.kr)